2022-2023 Elementary School Information
- 2022-2023 Planning Calendar
- Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Extended Day
- Health Forms
- Middle School Fall Sports Tryouts
- Parent Associations
- School Supplies
- Summer Assignments
Early Bird is available in the Brady Center, free of charge, starting at 7:00 a.m. We do ask that families only use this service if necessary.
On all days except Wednesday, the school day starts at 8:00 a.m. Drop-off at the drives below will begin at 7:40 a.m. On Wednesday, when our day begins at 8:45 a.m., drop-off at the various drives will begin at 8:30 a.m.
- The South Drive is for students in grades Pre-K, K, and 1. Enter campus from MacDill and proceed straight.
- The North Drive is for students in grades 2, 3, and 4. Enter campus from Bayshore and proceed to the right. Students exit cars near the four-square court area.
- The West Drive is for students in grades 5, 6, 7, and 8. Enter from MacDill traveling north and proceed under the bridge. Like last year, there will be two lanes, the inside lane for middle school and the outside lane for high school.
- If you have multiple children, please use the drive of your youngest child. Your older child(ren) can then walk to their classroom.
Students arriving after 8:00 a.m. (8:45 a.m. on Wednesday) must enter the front of the building off Bayshore. Their parents must park and walk their child in to check in with the ES assistant to receive their tardy pass.
Pick-up assignments are alphabetical according to last name. (Please note that we monitor pick-up the first two weeks of school and if we need to make adjustment to accommodate traffic, we will communicate that.) Again, please note that left turns are not allowed from MacDill onto our property.
- A-G: South Drive - Traveling north on MacDill Ave., enter campus at southernmost MacDill Ave. entrance and proceed to the South Drive (keeping the new middle school building on your left).
- H-M: North Drive – Traveling south on Bayshore Blvd., enter campus at northernmost Bayshore Blvd. entrance and proceed to the gates next to the four-square court area.
- N-Z: West Drive – Traveling north on MacDill Ave., enter campus at MacDill Ave. entrance and proceed under the bridge to the pickup area in front of the Brady Center.
Dismissal is at 3:10 p.m. for grades pre-K through 8 from the designated points listed above.
After 2:30 p.m., there are no early dismissals. The only exception to this is when our middle school athletes have an away match.
Registration for monthly, semester and annual Extended Day plans was included in your 2022-2023 enrollment contract. If you did not register for one of these plans, please email our Director of Auxiliary Programs, Courtney Franks.
Extended Day utilizes PikMyKid app for check-in and dismissal. This program will allow you to notify Extended Day of any authorized pick-up changes and announce when you have arrived for pick-up.
The registration process is easy, and we ask that all parents who utilize Extended Day, including drop-ins, install and register the app as soon as possible. New families will not see their children within the app until August; you do not need a code for the school as your account with be assigned when your child is put into the system. Please refer to the user guide and demo video to help you understand how to use the application. Please make sure you register with your personal current mobile phone number or the app will not allow you to access your child’s information for security reasons.
Anyone who will pick up your child should also register himself/herself with the application. Their screen will be blank and they will not have any authorization until you allow it within the app.
Drop-ins are available on an emergency basis only.
- Lower School (Pre-K to 4th grade) - $8/hour (not more than $24/day on normal dismissal days)
- Middle School (5th to 8th grade) - $7/hour (not more than $21/day on normal dismissal days)
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Extended Day Pick-up will take place on North Drive.
- Registered students will be provided a with shared materials for grades pre-K-4. We ask that if you send your child with any coloring materials, pre-K-1st grade students should not have any markers .
- Homework at Extended Day: There is a time for everyone to work on their homework. We check for completion in K-4th grade and encourage each student to check with their parent for accuracy when they get home. Kindergarten does not complete cut and paste homework at Extended Day. Middle school students are provided a study hall like environment to work on homework and study for upcoming tests.
In order to begin school in the fall, the school must have a copy of your birth certificate (new students) and Florida Certificate of Immunization (Form 680) (all new students, kindergarten, 7th grade, and ALL new freshmen) and School-Entry Health Form (DH 3040) (all new students and ALL freshmen) via Magnus. These forms are due no later than July 15, 2022.
Students in grades 6-8 may participate in middle school athletics. Fall offerings include boys soccer, girls volleyball and boys and girls cross country. Tryout information will be available in July.
Please note that the EL2 and EL3 forms are mandatory. They must be completed and via Magnus each school year before any student-athlete is allowed to participate in practices or tryouts for any AHN athletic team. Forms are linked below if you'd like to submit them ahead of the season.