7th and 8th Grade
This summer we will be using ALEKS math to have students practice their math skills. The students have had practice during class logging into the program and doing some assignments, so they are familiar with navigating the website. The math teachers have created assignments in ALEKS that will reinforce the skills that students mastered this year, so the transition to the next grade is made more smoothly.
All student work must be numbered and completed in the composition notebook students were given at the end of the year. Their math teacher explained how they should organize their work in sample assignments. This composition notebook will be turned in to their math teacher on the first day of school.
You can access the website by using the directions below:
- Go to www.connected.mcgraw-hill.com/connected
- Enter username and password
- Rising 7th Graders: Click on To-Do in the Course I box
- Rising 8th Graders: Click on To-Do in the Math Accelerated box
- Click on the ALEKS math icon
- Click on the next ALEKS math icon
- Click on Assignments
- Select an assignment. ALL assignments must be completed.If you do not score an 80% or higher on an assignment, you need to complete up to 2 Quick Checks to attempt mastery.
- The online work in ALEKS and the composition notebook must be completed by the first day of school. It will be counted as a quiz grade.