2020-2021 Elementary School Information
- 2020-2021 Planning Calendar
- Drop-off Information - August 19, 20, 21
- After School Programs
- Dress Code Reminders + Beginning of Year Information
- Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Enrichment Suggestions (Optional)
- Extended Day
- Health Forms
- Middle School Fall Sports Tryouts
- SAGE Dining
- Technology Pricing
The safety of our Academy community is at the forefront of our minds. To ensure a smooth arrival process, we will stagger arrival times for the first three days of school on August 19th, 20th and 21st.
Please use the chart below to find your time and location for arrival. If you have multiple children, you will drop them all off at the youngest child’s location. Older siblings will then walk from this location to their homerooms. We need all families to adhere to the time frames posted below to set us up for success these first few days. Click here to view a campus map.
If you need to drop off before 8:00 a.m., Early Bird is available. Please click here to reserve a spot for your child(ren). Please note that this Early Bird registration link is only for the first three days of school. Early Bird drop off is on the West Drive. As a reminder, parents must remain in their cars. A staff member will walk students in following the temperature check.
Dress Code Reminders
- Hair should be neatly trimmed above eyebrows in the front, above the collar in the back and above the ears
- All-black leather athletic shoe (this includes the sole)
For the girls:
- The length of jumpers or skirts should be no more than 3 inches above the knee.
- All-navy or all-black Mary Janes, Oxfords, Sperrys, or athletic shoes (this includes the sole)
- On their scheduled PE day, students may wear the dri-fit uniform purchased through the Jag Shop (extras are available to purchase in the shop) or the standard uniform purchased through Risse Brothers. Jag Shop uniforms will be available online in late June.
- Any color athletic shoes.
- The inseam of the shorts worn by girls must be longer than 5”.
- Middle school students bring their PE clothes in a drawstring bag and change before and after PE class.
Students bring a snack to school each day to eat in the morning. These snacks should be peanut-free. Due to occasional inclement weather, there are times when these snacks are eaten in the classrooms. We keep the classrooms peanut-free due to students with severe allergies.
Online calendars and directories will be available in July.
Early Bird is available in the Brady Center starting at 7:00 a.m. This year, we ask that parents only use Early Bird if it is a necessity, not for convenience. Enter our campus from MacDill traveling north and use the West Drive. A staff member will check your child's temperature before they enter the building. Parents may not walk students in this year. (Please note: Left-hand turns are not permissible traveling south on MacDill.)
Beginning at 7:30 a.m., students should be dropped off at one of the following drop-off points.
- West Drive (runs parallel to MacDill) – Any grade level can be dropped off here.
- North Drive – Any grade level can be dropped off here. Please note that the only location to drop off on the North Drive will be adjacent to the four square court area. To ensure the safety of our students, dropping off by the classrooms on the northeast corner is NOT an option.
- Front Circle Drive – Any grade level can be dropped off here.
- South Drive: Students in grades pre-K, K and 1 (and their siblings) can be dropped off on the South Drive at the southeast entrance. Parents arriving prior to 7:30 a.m. may NOT wait in the drop-off area. These parents must drop off at Early Bird or circle the building until the teacher assistants are present.
Students arriving after 8:00 a.m. must enter from the front of the building off Bayshore, and their parent must check them in with the ES assistant to receive their tardy pass.
Pick-up assignments are alphabetical according to last name. (Please note that we monitor pick up the first two weeks of school and if we need to make adjustment to accommodate traffic, we will communicate that.) Again, please note that left turns are not allowed from MacDill onto our property.
- A-G: South Drive - Traveling north on MacDill Ave., enter campus at southernmost MacDill Ave. entrance and proceed to the South Drive (keeping the new middle school building on your left).
- H-M: North Drive – Traveling south on Bayshore Blvd., enter campus at northernmost Bayshore Blvd. entrance and proceed to the gates next to the four-square court area.
- N-Z: West Drive – Traveling north on MacDill Ave., enter campus at MacDill Ave. entrance and proceed under the bridge to the pickup area in front of the Brady Center.
Students in pre-K have two options for pick up. The first is a pre-K only pick-up at 2:20 p.m. on the front Bayshore Drive. The second option is the regular 3:10 dismissal from the designated points listed above.
After 2:30 p.m., there are no early dismissals. The only exception to this is when our middle school athletes have an away match.
Registration for monthly, semester and annual Extended Day plans was included in your 2020-2021 enrollment contract. If you did not register for one of these plans, please email our director of auxiliary programs, Courtney Franks.
This year Extended Day will be utilizing PikMyKid app for check-in and dismissal. This program will allow you to notify the school of pick-up changes and authorize others to pick-up your child from school.
The registration process is easy, and we ask that all parents register with the phone application as soon as possible. Please refer to the user guide and demo video to help you understand how to use the application and assist you with this transition. Please make sure you register with your personal current mobile phone number or the app will not allow you to access your child’s information for security reasons. We will begin using this program immediately.
Anyone who will pick up your child should also register themselves with the application. Their screen will be blank and they will not have any authorization until you allow it within the app.
IMPORTANT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
- Extended Day Pick-up will take place on North Drive.
- In severe weather (heavy downpour, lightning), we will move the pick-up spot to where West and North Drive intersect for closer proximity to cars.
- Registered students will be provided a small pencil pouch with two pencils, five crayons, a glue stick and scissors daily. They will be labeled with your child’s name and will only be used by your child. These items will not be cleaned. If you would like to provide your child any additional coloring supplies, please send them daily for use. We ask that pre-K to 1st-grade students not have markers.
The 2020-2021 cost for the iPad Pro is $1,300, which includes:
- iPad Pro
- Apple Care insurance for three years
- a rugged keyboard case
- an Apple Pencil engraved with the student's name
The 2020-2021 package cost for new students in grade 7 is $1,300, which includes:
- a Gen 5 iPad
- a 13" MacBook Air + case
- MacBook insurance
- relevant apps and software on each device
Students entering 8th grade will receive a MacBook Air and iPad on loan from the Academy.