2019-2020 High School Information
Welcome to the 2019-2020 school year! Please refer to the drop-down menus below for information pertaining to the start of school.
- 2019-2020 Planning Calendar
- Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Course Schedules
- Fall Athletics
- New Student MacBook and iPad Distribution
- New Student Paperwork Reminder
- Orientation Schedule/Attire
- Student Health Forms
- Summer Assignments
- Supply List
NOTES: Planning dates are tentative and subject to change as deemed necessary by the administration.
Please note February 14 was initially noted as a planning day, however school will be open that day.
|August 7-12||Faculty Professional Days|
|August 13-14||Student Orientation Days|
|August 15||First Day of School|
|September 2||Labor Day Holiday - SCHOOL CLOSED|
|October 17-18||Parent-Teacher Conferences
PK-3rd Grade - Noon Dismissal Thursday, October 17
4th-8th Grade - No School Thursday, October 17
No School Friday, October 18
|October 21||Professional Day, No School|
|November 25-29||Thanksgiving Break - No School
(School Closed November 27-29)
|December 20||Noon Dismissal|
|December 23-January 5||Christmas Break - SCHOOL CLOSED|
|January 6||School Re-opens|
|January 20||Martin Luther King Jr. Holiday - SCHOOL CLOSED|
|January 27||HS Grandparents' & Special Friends' Day
ES - No School
|January 31||ES Grandparents' & Special Friends' Day
HS - No School
|February 17||President's Day - SCHOOL CLOSED|
|March 2-8||HS Mission Trips|
|March 9||Faculty Professional Day - No School|
|April 9-19||Easter/Spring Break - No School
(School Closed April 9-13)
|May 25||Memorial Day - SCHOOL CLOSED|
|May 29||Last Day of School|
|June 1-3||Faculty Professional Days|
In the morning, students may be dropped off at the front Bayshore entrance or the West Drive, parallel to MacDill. You may also enter Bayshore and drop off on the north drive, adjacent to the 4-square courts. For high school, the most common are Bayshore and West. Students are encouraged to be at school by 7:45 a.m. M,T, Th and F, and 8:30 a.m. on Wednesday. The bell rings at 8:00 a.m. daily except Wednesday, when school starts at 8:45 a.m.
In the afternoon, gates open at 2:35 p.m., except on Wednesday, when HS dismisses after the Elementary School. On those days, parents should not arrive before 3:20 p.m., at the very earliest. Sophomores are picked up on the Bayshore Front Drive and all other grades are picked up on the West Drive, off of MacDill Avenue.
Your daughter's schedule of classes will be available in her Veracross account July 12. To request a schedule change, please email email@example.com. No fee is applied to make a level change (i.e. Honors to College Prep or AP to Honors). A $25 fee will apply to change to a different course. Please send a note with the requested change and a $25 check (payable to Academy of the Holy Names and mailed to Lori Troutman, 3319 Bayshore Blvd. Tampa, FL, 33629). Schedule changes will be processed beginning the first week of August; an email update will be sent after the change has been made.
College counselors will be back on campus beginning Monday, August 5th, to discuss schedules. Students in 11th and 12th grade may contact their current college counselor. All 9th- and 10th-graders may contact Ms. Athena Dicus (firstname.lastname@example.org), the high school’s new college counselor.
The following high school teams will begin either practices or tryouts in July or August: volleyball, swimming and diving, cross country and golf.
Prior to the beginning of athletics practice and tryouts, the Athletics Office must have completed EL2 and EL3 forms on file. Forms may be turned in to either the head coach or athletic director Kevin Vargas prior to or on the date of the first scheduled practice or tryout. Without the completed forms, the student is not allowed to participate.
The 2019-2020 package cost for for high school students, including those girls rising from 8th grade, is $1,300, which includes:
- a Gen 6 iPad
- a 13" MacBook Air + case
- MacBook insurance
- relevant apps and software on each device
The total cost of the devices will be prorated each year you are at the Academy, up to four years, and billed according to your selected tuition payment plan.
Students may pick up their MacBook and iPad the week of July 29 through August 2 in the Bailey Center. A representative from the technology office will be available daily from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. They will be available until 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, July 31. If you are unable to pick up the device that week, please email Kent Smith at email@example.com.
If you have not yet done so, please submit the following to Lynn Hathaway as soon as possible, but no later than August 5, 2019.
- School-Entry Health Exam Form (DH 3040)
- Florida Certificate of Immunization (Form 680)
- Birth Certificate
- Over-the-Counter & Prescription Medication form (optional, must be signed by a physician)
Students will not be permitted to attend school in August until a current Florida Certificate of Immunization and Proof of Medical Examination are received.
Orientation days are Tuesday, August 13th, and Wednesday, August 14th.
- On Tuesday, August 13th, freshmen should arrive at the Brady Center between 7:30-8:00 a.m. New students in grades 10-12 should arrive at 9:00 a.m. Dismissal for all new students will be at 3:15 p.m. Students should wear closed-toe shoes, jeans (with no rips/holes) and their blue school polo. Lunch will be provided.
- On Wednesday, August 14th, all students should be at school by 8:00 a.m. Dismissal will be at 12:00 p.m. Students should wear closed-toe shoes, jeans (with no rips/holes) and their school theme T-shirt. (Freshmen will receive their T-shirts on Tuesday, and upperclass students will receive them on Wednesday morning).
- Policy for Illness and Medicine
- Authorization for the Administration of Medication
Complete this form if your child needs prescription medication or any over-the-counter medication not stocked in the clinic. THIS FORM MUST BE SIGNED BY A DOCTOR FOR ADMINISTRATION OF OVER-THE-COUNTER MEDICATION.
- Allergy Form
Complete this form only if your child has been diagnosed by a doctor with an allergy.
- Allergy Action Plan
Complete this form if your child has a severe allergy and would require an epi pen.
- Authorization for Self-Carry/Administration of Epi Pen, Inhaler or Diabetes Medication
Complete this form if you wish your child to carry an epi pen, inhaler or insulin with him/her at all times.
- Required Immunization Forms
Please check to see if your child needs updated/new immunization forms (ALL new students, pre-K and K students, 7th-graders and 9th-graders).
- Diabetes Management Plan
Complete this form if your student has diabetes.
In an effort to streamline the book-buying process and save our families money, the Academy will no longer utilize Follett for student book purchases. Instead, we are sharing the required books by course and allowing you to choose the book that best suits your daughter(s), whether that be digital (when offered) or print.
If your daughter(s) would like to purchase books now based on the classes selected this spring, you may do so. Complete course schedules, including final elective placements, will be available in Veracross July 12th.
Schedule Changes and Textbooks
If you plan to drop or add a class, do not purchase a book until your schedule is confirmed. Depending on the publisher, most digital books are nonrefundable.
REGULAR DAY UNIFORM
- Navy blue skort, shorts or slacks embroidered with AHN
- Blue polo shirt with AHN emblem
- Dark penny loafers or tan boat shoes with white ankle-length socks
MASS AND/OR SPECIAL CEREMONY UNIFORM
- White button-down blouse with AHN emblem and yellow mass sweater with AHN emblem with navy skort
- Dark penny loafers or tan boat shoes with white ankle-length socks
- Navy AHN sweatshirts sold by Student Council
- Yellow mass sweater
- Letter jackets or sweaters (worn by those who earned and purchased them)
- Approved navy, white, or gray athletic-team sweatshirts
All of the above-mentioned items may be purchased at Risse Brothers School Uniforms. If you have questions or concerns about the uniform, please contact Assistant Principal Erin Krukar or Risse Brothers Uniforms at 813-282-8338.