High school fall sport tryouts begin this summer, pending COVID-19 regulations. Please note that the EL2 and EL3 forms are mandatory. They must be completed and turned into AD Kevin Vargas or Athletic Trainer Donny Schaefer each school year before any student-athlete is allowed to participate in practices or tryouts for any AHN athletic team.
Locations: AHN and Al Lopez Park
This non-cut sport, open to girls in rising 6th through 12th grades, will begin practices the week of Monday, July 27th. Below is the practice schedule along with the locations of the first week’s practices. Should you have any questions please feel free to contact head coach Ray Rodriguez (email@example.com).
- Monday, July 27: 5:00-6:30 p.m. in front of AHN’s gym
- Tuesday, July 28: 5:00-6:30 p.m. in front of AHN’s gym
- Wednesday, July 29 5:00-6:30 p.m. at Al Lopez Park
- Thursday, July 30: 5:00-6:30 p.m. at Al Lopez Park
- Friday, July 31: 5:00-6:30 p.m. in front of AHN’s gym
- Saturday, August 1: 8-9:30 a.m. at TBA (optional for first-year runners)
Location: MacDill Air Force Base - Bay Palms Golf Course
The high school golf season will begin on Tuesday, August 11, at Bay Palms Golf Course on MacDill AFB. Any students trying out for this year’s squad must provide head coach Chris Kumka (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the full names of the student, parents, and any others who may be in the vehicle. This information is due to Coach Kumka by Monday, August 3. Please note that this is necessary in order to be provided with access to the base. Below is a breakdown of the practice schedule:
- Tuesday, August 11: 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 12: 4:00-5:30 p.m.
SWIMMING & DIVING
Location: AHN's Steinbrenner Aquatic Center
The high school swimming and diving season will begin on Monday, August 3, at AHN’s Steinbrenner Aquatic Center. Coach Bill Shaffer holds practice Monday-Thursday from 4:30-6:30 p.m. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Coach Shaffer (email@example.com).
Location: AHN’s Giunta Gymnasium
Junior varsity and varsity volleyball tryouts will take place the week of July 27 in AHN’s gym. If you have any questions please feel free to contact head coach Randy Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org). Below is a breakdown of the tryout schedule:
- Monday, July 27: 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 28: 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 29: 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Once the roster has been set, a more detailed practice schedule will be provided. Please note that varsity practices will begin on Thursday, July 30, and JV practices will begin on Wednesday, August 5.
ACADEMY OF THE HOLY NAMES ROWING CLUB
Location: Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park
The Academy of the Holy Names Rowing Club (AHNRC) requires a seasonal fee to participate and runs a fall and spring season. All practices will be held at Julian B. Lane Riverfront Park (1001 North Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33606). Below is a breakdown of the weekly practice schedule, along with important fall dates:
Weekly Practice Schedule:
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 3:30-6:15 p.m.
- Saturday: 7:30-10:30 a.m.
- Monday, August 3: First practice for veteran rowers
- Saturday, August 8: "Learn to Row" event for new rowers and their families
- Monday, August 10: Tryout week for new rowers
- Wednesday, August 26: Fall Season Parent/Rower Meeting
If you have any questions please feel free to contact AHNRC President Cecilia Hifko (email@example.com).