Prior to the beginning of athletics practice and tryouts, the Athletics Office must have completed EL2 and EL3 forms on file in the Magnus health portal. Without the completed forms, the student is not allowed to participate.
High School Cross Country (Locations: AHN and Al Lopez Park)
- Tuesday, August 2: 5:00-6:30 p.m. in front of AHN’s gym
- Wednesday, August 3: 7:30-9:00 a.m. at Al Lopez Park
- Thursday, August 4: 5:00-6:30 p.m. at Al Lopez Park
- Friday, August 5: 5:00-6:30 p.m. in front of AHN’s gym
- Saturday, August 6: 8:00-9:30 a.m. at TBA
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact head coach Ray Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
High School Volleyball Tryouts (Location: AHN’s gymnasium)
- Monday, August 1: 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 2: 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 3: 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Once the roster has been set, a more detailed practice schedule will be provided. Please note that varsity practices will begin on Thursday, August 4, and JV practices will begin on Wednesday, August 10.
If you have any questions, please contact head coach Randy Thomas at email@example.com.
High School Golf Tryouts (Location: Temple Terrace Golf & Country Club)
The high school golf team will hold tryouts at Temple Terrace Golf & Country Club on the following dates and times:
- Tuesday, August 2: 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 3: 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 4: 4:00 p.m.
Matches and/or practices will be every Monday and Wednesday at 4:00 p.m., beginning with practice on Monday, August 15. Most practices will be held at MacDill Air Force Base, and our home course for matches will be the TPC of Tampa Bay.
Tryout times could change due to weather, so anyone planning on trying out should contact coach James Frederick at firstname.lastname@example.org with your information and any questions.
High School Swimming and Diving (Location: AHN’s Steinbrenner Aquatic Center)
The high school swimming and diving teams will hold tryouts the week of Monday, August 8, at AHN’s Steinbrenner Aquatic Center.
- Monday, August 8: 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 9: 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 10: 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 11: 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 12: 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 13: time trials (warm-ups at 8:00 a.m., start time at 9:00 a.m., end time TBA)
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Bill Shaffer at email@example.com.
AHN Rowing Club (Fall Season 2022)
All returning rowers should begin attending practice on August 9. Any interested prospective rowers should begin by attending “Learn to Row” day on August 13. New team members will take a swim test on August 15 and will start regular practices on August 18. There will be a two-week trial period for all new rowers. Dues will be payable on September 5 for new rowers.
The fall practice schedule for new rowers is as follows:
- Mondays - 3:30-5:30 p.m. Julian B. Lane Park Boathouse (JBL) - 402 W. Laurel Street
- Tuesdays - 3:30 -5:30 p.m. at JBL
- Wednesdays - OFF
- Thursdays - 3:30-5:30 p.m. at JBL
- Fridays - OFF
- Saturdays - 7:30- 10:30 a.m. at JBL or regattas
The AHN Rowing Club will compete in approximately three fall regattas.
Please note that participation in this program requires dues of $1,100 for the fall season, which includes all regatta race entry fees, food, and a team-building event.
The fall season runs from August until mid-December. We also have a spring season that runs from early January until Memorial Day.