Prior to the beginning of athletics practice and tryouts, the Athletics Office must have completed EL2 and EL3 forms on file in the Magnus health portal. Without the completed forms, the student is not allowed to participate.
HIGH SCHOOL CROSS COUNTRY (LOCATIONS: AHN AND AL LOPEZ PARK)
Cross Country will begin practices the week of Monday, August 2nd. Below is the practice schedule along with the locations of the first week’s practices:
- Tuesday, August 3: 5:00-6:30 p.m. in front of AHN’s gym
- Wednesday, August 4: 5:00-6:30 p.m. at Al Lopez Park
- Thursday, August 5: 5:00-6:30 p.m. at Al Lopez Park
- Friday, August 6: 5:00-6:30 p.m. in front of AHN’s gym
- Saturday, August 7: 8:00-9:30 a.m. at TBA
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact head coach Ray Rodriguez.
HIGH SCHOOL VOLLEYBALL TRYOUTS (LOCATION: AHN’S GYMNASIUM)
Junior varsity and varsity volleyball tryouts will take place the week of August 2nd in AHN’s gymnasium.
- Monday, August 2: 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 3: 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 4: 5:00-7:00 p.m.
Once the roster has been set, a more detailed practice schedule will be provided. Please note that varsity practices will begin on Thursday, August 4, and JV practices will begin on Wednesday, August 11.
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact head coach Randy Thomas.
HIGH SCHOOL GOLF TRYOUTS (LOCATION: BAY PALMS GOLF COURSE-MACDILL AIR FORCE BASE)
The high school golf season will begin on Tuesday, August 17, at Bay Palms Golf Course on MacDill AFB. Any students trying out for this year’s squad must provide head coach Chris Kumka with the full names of the student, parents, and any others who may be in the vehicle. This information is due to Coach Kumka by Monday, August 2. Please note that this is necessary in order to be provided with access to the base. Below is a breakdown of the practice schedule:
- Tuesday, August 17: 4:00-5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 18: 4:00-5:30 p.m.
Please contact coach Chris Kumka with your information along with any questions.
HS SWIMMING AND DIVING (LOCATION: AHN’S STEINBRENNER AQUATIC CENTER)
The high school swimming and diving season will hold tryouts the week of Monday, August 9, at AHN’s Steinbrenner Aquatic Center.
- Monday, August 9: 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, August 10: 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, August 11: :330-5:00 p.m.
- Thursday, August 12: 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 13: 3:30-5:00 p.m.
- Saturday: Time Trials (Warm-Ups 8:00 a.m./ Start Time 9:00 a.m./ End Time TBA)
Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact Bill Shaffer.
AHN ROWING CLUB (LOCATION: JULIAN B. LANE BOATHOUSE - JBL - 402 W LAUREL STREET)
The fall season runs from August until mid-December.
All returning rowers should begin attending practice on 8/3. Any interested prospective rowers should begin by attending a “Learn to Row” on 8/7. New team members will take a swim test on 8/10 and will start regular practices on 8/12. There will be a 2-week trial period for all new rowers. Dues will be payable on 8/26 for new rowers.
The fall practice schedule is as follows:
- Mondays - 3:30-6:15 p.m. at Julian B. Lane Park Boathouse (JBL)
- Tuesdays - 3:30-6:15 p.m. at JBL
- Wednesdays - OFF
- Thursdays - 3:30-6:15 p.m. at JBL
- Fridays - 3:30-6:15 p.m. at JBL
- Saturdays - 7:30-10:30 a.m. at JBL or Regattas
The AHN Rowing Club will compete in 5 rowing regattas. The tentative schedule includes competition in Augusta, Georgia, Gainesville, Sarasota, Venice and Tampa. Please note that participation in this program requires dues of $950 per season, which includes all regatta race entry fees and rower’s travel and lodging in Augusta.
Please contact Head Coach Alex Thome or Club President Jon Coley with any questions and to let us know your intention to row this fall. We also have a spring season that runs from early January until Memorial Day.