High school fall sport tryouts begin this summer. Please note that the EL2 and EL3 forms are mandatory. They must be completed and turned into AD Kevin Vargas or Athletic Trainer Donny Schaefer each school year before any student-athlete is allowed to participate in practices or tryouts for any AHN athletic team.
AHN Rowing Club (Crew):
All girls who are interested in rowing in the fall season must attend the parent meeting on Wednesday, August 21st, at 6:30 p.m. at the Tampa River Center - Julian B Lane Park (1001 N Blvd, Tampa, FL 33606.) At least one parent per rower must attend to receive information and complete forms.
Veteran rowers begin practice on Monday, August 5; forms will be sent electronically prior to the first practice.
*New rowers get an opportunity to try rowing for two weeks before committing for the season.
**AHN athletic forms and medical forms (EL2 and EL3) should be completed prior to the meeting.
There will be an Open House from 7:30 to 10:30 a.m. on Saturday, August 17th, at the Boat House at Julian B Lane Park for all novice (brand new) rowers. Those interested in rowing in the fall should attend.
Tentative Fall Schedule:
- Mondays: 3:30-6:15 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 3:30-6:15 p.m.
- Thursdays: 3:30-6:15 p.m.
- Fridays: 3:30-6:15 p.m.
- Saturdays: 7:30-10:30 a.m. followed by training at Diesel Fitness 11:00 a.m.- 12:15 p.m.
HS Cross Country:
The high school cross country season will begin on Monday, July 29th; all those interested will meet in front of AHN’s gymnasium. Below is a breakdown Coach Ray Rodriguez’s plans for the first week:
- Monday, July 29th: 6:00-7:30 p.m. at AHN
- Tuesday, July 30th: 6:00-7:30 p.m. at AHN
- Wednesday, July 31st: 6:00-7:30 p.m. at Al Lopez Park
- Thursday, August 1st: 6:00-7:30 p.m. at Al Lopez Park
- Friday, August 2nd: 6:00-7:00 p.m. at AHN
- Saturday, August 3rd: 7:30-9:00 a.m. at Al Lopez Park
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact head coach Ray Rodriguez.
Junior varsity and varsity volleyball tryouts will take place the week of July 29th in AHN’s gymnasium. Below is a breakdown of the tryout schedule:
- Monday, July 29th: 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 30th: 5:00-7:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 31st: 5:00-7:00 p.m. (final ½ hour spent meeting with players)
Once the roster has been set, a more detailed practice schedule will be provided. Please note that varsity practices will begin on Thursday, August 1st, and JV practices will begin on Wednesday, August 7th.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact head coach Randy Thomas.
HS Swimming and Diving:
The high school swimming and diving season will begin on Monday, July 29th, at AHN’s Steinbrenner Aquatic Center. Below is a breakdown of Coach Bill Shaffer’s weekly practice schedule:
- Monday: 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Tuesday: 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Wednesday: 4:30-6:30 p.m.
- Thursday: 4:30-6:30 p.m.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Bill Shaffer.
The high school golf season will hold tryouts on Monday, August 12th, and Tuesday August 13th. Parents of those who earn a roster spot will be expected to attend a mandatory parent meeting on Monday, August 19th, at 3:45 p.m. in the West Commons, located on the second floor of the middle school building. Please note that practices are held off campus and those interested in trying out for the squad must arrange their own transportation. Below is a breakdown of the tryout dates, location and times:
- Monday August 12th: 4:15-5:30 p.m. (TPC Tampa Bay) **NEW TIME**
- Tuesday, August 13th: 4:00-5:00 p.m. (Avila Golf and Country Club)
Here is a glimpse of a typical practice week during the season:
- Monday: Practice at TPC
- Tuesday: Practice at Avila
- Wednesday and Thursday: matches (AHN’s home matches will be played at TPC)
- Friday: No Practice
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact head coach Chris Kumka.