The Rose Project is a week in which the entire high school, students and faculty focus on mission. Learning through their experiences of faith, service and work for justice, students serve communities in need at nine locations around the U.S., Dominican Republic, and Haiti, as well as at home in the local Tampa Bay/Ruskin area. Each day, students will have the opportunity to pray and reflect on their experience. The daily prayers and reflection found within the "Encounter" journal are noted below. A full copy of the journal is available via the button below.
- The Rose Project Day 1 - The Gift of Hospitality
- The Rose Project Day 2 - The Gift of Courage
- The Rose Project Day 3 - The Gift of Humility
- The Rose Project Day 4 - The Gift of Encouragement
- The Rose Project Day 5 - The Gift of Charity
- The Rose Project Day 6 - The Gift of Play
- The Rose Project Day 7 - The Gift of Discernment
Since 1999, the Academy of the Holy Names has sponsored mission trips for high school students to locations ranging from the heart of Tampa to the Dominican Republic.
Mission trips take place between the third and fourth quarters. The entire school community supports the trips through initiatives including prayer, fundraising and collections. The popular program proves to be life changing for all involved.
Pricing for 2020 Mission Trips:
- Orlando trip will cost $500
- All other domestic trips will cost $850
- All international trips will cost $1100
Once students have been invited to participate on a particular trip, financial aid applications will be available. Assistance is given according to demonstrated need. Some details are still in the process of being finalized. If there are any changes to these descriptions, we will notify you.