The Academy of the Holy Names established the Visiting Artist Series to support alumni who engage professionally in the arts, to educate students about the many different career paths available in the arts, to celebrate arts in society and to provide the AHN community the opportunity to experience art in a gallery setting.
2018 Visiting Artist: Julianne Collins (A'08)
Julianne Collins (A’08) is a Chicago-based interior designer who takes pride in her ability to transform spaces by bringing ideas and inspiration to life. After graduating from Florida State University with a B.A. in interior design and art history, she moved to Chicago to pursue her career as a designer with Havenly, a women-led tech startup that spearheaded the e-design industry. She quickly rose to become one of their senior designers, creating spaces for VIP clients and developing marketing materials as well as social media and advertising content.
Collins currently works as a gallery designer with Restoration Hardware, whose luxury residential interior design platform launched earlier last year. Using the latest technology and graphic techniques, she works one-on-one with clients to conceptualize spaces that adhere to the principles of harmony, balance, scale, and proportion in order to bring the RH ethos that inspires millions into their homes.
Her work has been featured in publications such as “Good Housekeeping,” Design*Sponge, The M-Dash, and The Haven. When she is not designing, Collins spends her time exploring Chicago's diverse neighborhoods and seeking inspiration from the city's beautiful architecture.
- Emily O'Loughlin
PAST ARTISTS HAVE INCLUDED:
- Kim West (A’94), painting
- Molly Lawrence (A’72), painting
- Jacquelyn Clements (A’00), art historian
- Erin Martino (A’97), photographer
- Katie McKeown (A’01), photographer and art historian
- Molly Spaight (A’01), graphic designer
- Averie Storck (A’87), director and screen writer
- Rebecca Brown (A’94), film maker
- Sister Mary Paula Turnbull, SNJM, sculptor
- Leyna Haller (A’99), film maker, costume and prop designer and graphic designer
- Ricardo Pau-Llosa (B’67), poet, curator, critic and patron of the arts
- Jessica Hemmings (A'94), academic, writer
- Nicole Corvette Hockin (A'94), brand strategist, blogger
- Sofia Sanchez (A'08), graphic designer, producer, painter
- Alma Cuervo (A'69), actress
- Emily O'Loughlin (A'09), architect