AHN’s Rising Stars Softball
Join AHN head softball coach Bo Longshore as he heads up AHN’s first softball camp offering. Coach Bo will touch on all facets of the game and will utilize guest instructors throughout the week who specialize on the day’s specific focus. The goal for this five-day camp is to expose our campers to the fundamentals of a wide range of skills associated with softball, including:
- Mental Approach to the Game
- Offensive Drills
- Defensive Drills
- Catching/Fielding Drills
- Base Running Drills
Additional Emphasis will be placed on the following:
- The importance of being a great teammate
- How to be a leader
- Ways to model sportsmanship
Items to Bring:
- Batting helmet with a facemask
- Batting gloves (optional)
- Fielding glove
- Cleats and/or turf shoes or sneakers (Metal cleats will not be permitted in the batting cages.)
- Catchers should bring their own gear.
- Additional softball equipment: hat/visor, face mask, mouth guard, sunscreen, etc.
Please label your gear appropriately.
Rising 5th to 12th grade girls
- Week 1 (June 11-15)
- 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.
- Bo Longshore, AHN varsity softball coach