Our program builds on the excitement and curiosity that children bring to their school experience.
- Purposeful play offers the social emotional skills needed to be successful in a school setting including responsibility, teamwork, perseverance, imagination, creativity, innovation, and independence
- Low student-teacher ratios and flexible scheduling foster the needs of all learners
- Building relationships with and among the students to gauge their interests and curiosity
- Science and social studies is rooted within inquiry projects where students learn to think like engineers and reason through probing questions
- Readiness and Writing foundation benchmarks include alphabet recognition, concepts about print, comprehension, writing, and oral language development
- Math curriculum foundation benchmarks include numbers and operation, geometry, algebraic thinking primarily with sorting, measurement and time, and problem-solving skills primarily through concrete exploration
- Technology supports innovative thinking and expressing our ideas to a broad audience
- Inclusive curriculum for the whole child including physical education, media center, art, and music
- Responsive Classroom offers community building
With an emphasis on community, our Early Childhood program is designed to strengthen a young child’s developing independence and social skills. Our goal is to help children value the differences, and more importantly, the similarities among all people.