The Academy provides a safe environment for registered and drop-in students to participate in free play, special activities and supervised homework from dismissal until 6:00 p.m. each day school is in session.
Extended Day runs from the end of the school day until 6:00 p.m. each day. Hours of operation are subject to change due to holidays, however attendants will be notified in advance.
Sample Daily Schedule, Pre-K through 4th Grade:
|3:10-3:45 p.m.||Check-in and free time on pre-K playground|
|3:45-4:30 p.m.||Snack time* and quiet time (homework or reading/no electronics)|
|4:30-5:00 p.m.||Participate in chosen activity|
|5:00-6:00 p.m.||Outside free-time/play time|
*Snack is provided.
Sample Daily Schedule, 5th through 8th Grade:
|3:10-3:30 p.m.||Check-in on 2nd floor of Middle School building, quiet socialization|
|3:30-3:45 p.m.||Snack time*|
|3:45-4:30 p.m.||Quiet homework/study time|
|4:30-6:00 p.m.||Outside free-time/play time|
*Snack is provided.
Sample Half-Day Schedule:
|12:00-1:00 p.m.||Check-in*/free time outside|
|3:30-4:00 p.m.||Daily Activities (Pre-K-4th grade)|
Outside Play (5th-8th grade)
|4:00-4:45 p.m.||Snack*** and quiet time/homework|
|4:45-6:00 p.m.||Outside/free time|
*We highly encourage you to pack your student(s) a snack for check-in time. Lunch will be later than their normal schedule, due to the shortened school day.
**We often serve items easy for the large groups, such as pizza. If your child has dietary restrictions, we encourage you to pack their lunch on these days.
***Extended Day will provide a snack for students in attendance.
|Payment Plan|| Program Fee
|Semester||$700||September 1 and December 1|
|Monthly||$160||Due the first of the month, September-May|
|After 6:00 p.m.||$1/minute||Billed|
*Available on an emergency basis. When using the drop-in service, please call the Elementary School Office at 813.839.5371, ext. 339 to inform the school that your child(ren) will be attending Extended Day.
- Is Extended Day still After Care?
- Will my child(ren) still have play time?
- Will my child(ren) have time to complete their homework?
- Are electronics allowed?
- Can my child(ren) bring their own toys to play with during Extended Day?
- Is snack offered or should I pack my child(ren) their own?
- What kind of activities will my child(ren) be doing?
- Does my child(ren) have to participate in the activities?
- What will my child(ren) do if they do not have any homework?
- What is different for a noon dismissal?
- When is the best time to pick up my child(ren)?
- How do I pick up my child(ren) from Extended Day?
- I cannot make it to pick-up, can I send someone else?
- How much does Extended Day cost?
- Who will be watching my child(ren) during Extended Day?
- My child(ren) had an issue at Extended Day, who should I contact?
- How do I enroll my child(ren) for Extended Day?
- How do I pay for Extended Day if my child(ren) is a Drop-in?
- How do I reach my child during Extended Day?
Yes, Extended Day is the new-and-improved After Care! Extended Day has been created to maintain the atmosphere of learning. Our goal is to have students learn on a daily basis. We are excited for the students to begin this new program as it will help to extend the learning day while also fulfilling physical and social needs.
Yes, each grade level is provided a time and space to work on homework assignments. We also have assistants and volunteers to help guide students that may need additional help on assignments. If your student(s) does not have any homework, he or she will participate in quiet time, using the time to read, color, or take part in additional quiet activities provided in Extended Day. No outside activities will be allowed.
No, toys will not be allowed at Extended Day. If toys are brought to Extended Day, your student will be asked to put them in his or her backpack and not bring them back. If a student continues to bring toys or outside activities to Extended Day, the staff will contact the parents to make them aware and alert administration when needed.
Snack is provided daily; the student and parent may decide if they would like to pack a specific snack for their child. In the case of a noon dismissal, both lunch and snack will be provided. Lunch will be served later than the student’s normal lunch time; please prepare by packing an additional snack for the day. Students will be able to eat the snack immediately after dismissal.
Students who attend Extended Day and are not enrolled in the program are considered Drop-In students. These students are billed at the end of the month for each time they attend Extended Day through FACTS, the program used to pay your tuition. You will receive a statement if a charge has been placed on your account.