The Academy's Extended Day program provides a safe environment for registered and drop-in students to participate in free play, special activities and supervised homework from dismissal until 6:00 p.m. each day school is in session.
Additionally, each semester specialized After-School Programs are offered. These include classes like Bricks 4 Kidz, chess, sports, robotics, art, Soccer Shots, and more!
|Payment Plan|| Program Fee
|Semester||$700||September 1 and December 1|
|Monthly||$160||Due the first of the month, September-May|
|After 6:00 p.m.||$1/minute||Billed|
*Drop-ins are available on an emergency basis only. When using the drop-in service, please email your child(ren)'s teacher directly to inform the school that your child(ren) will be attending Extended Day.
- Will my child(ren) have play time?
- Will my child(ren) have time to complete their homework?
- What will my child(ren) do if they do not have any homework?
- Are electronics allowed?
- Can my child(ren) bring their own toys to play with during Extended Day?
- Is snack offered or should I pack my child(ren) their own?
- What kind of activities will my child(ren) be doing?
- Does my child(ren) have to participate in the activities?
- What is different for a noon dismissal?
- When is the best time to pick up my child(ren)?
- How do I pick up my child(ren) from Extended Day?
- I cannot make it to pick-up, can I send someone else?
- How much does Extended Day cost?
- Who will be watching my child(ren) during Extended Day?
- My child(ren) had an issue at Extended Day, who should I contact?
- How do I enroll my child(ren) for Extended Day?
- How do I pay for Extended Day if my child(ren) is a Drop-in?
- How do I reach my child during Extended Day?
Yes, each grade level is provided a time and space to work on homework assignments. We also have assistants and volunteers to help guide students that may need additional help on assignments. If your student(s) does not have any homework, he or she will participate in quiet time, using the time to read, color, or take part in additional quiet activities provided in Extended Day. No outside activities will be allowed.
No, toys will not be allowed at Extended Day. If toys are brought to Extended Day, your student will be asked to put them in his or her backpack and not bring them back. If a student continues to bring toys or outside activities to Extended Day, the staff will contact the parents to make them aware and alert administration when needed.
Snack is provided daily; the student and parent may decide if they would like to pack a specific snack for their child. In the case of a noon dismissal, both lunch and snack will be provided. Lunch will be served later than the student’s normal lunch time; please prepare by packing an additional snack for the day. Students will be able to eat the snack immediately after dismissal.
Students who attend Extended Day and are not enrolled in the program are considered Drop-In students. These students are billed at the end of the month for each time they attend Extended Day through FACTS, the program used to pay your tuition. You will receive a statement if a charge has been placed on your account.
If you'd like to register for Extended Day for the 2019-2020 school year, please contact Courtney Franks at email@example.com.