All Academy moms are invited to participate in Mothers Association of the Academy of the Holy Names. Mothers Association is a supportive arm of the AHN community whose purpose is to bring closer the relationships of parents, faculty and administration in order to promote the welfare of AHN students in the spirit of the mission statement of the Academy of the Holy Names. Volunteer opportunities include such activities as setting up hospitality events, planning class parties, staffing the Jag Shop and Clothes Closet, baking goods for teacher appreciation events and many more. Mothers Association is a great way to meet fellow Academy moms and make a difference in your child’s school!
Questions? Email the Mothers Association at email@example.com.
Mothers Association implements the following programs:
- Jag Shop – Located in the MacDill House (adjacent to the back West Drive gate), the Jag Shop sells school spirit items such as Jaguar logo T-shirts, sweatshirts, P.E. shorts, car magnets, etc. to promote our school spirit. The Jag Shop is open at many school events as well as on dates specified on the school calendar. To access the shop, enter campus via Bayshore Blvd. and proceed right through the North Gate. Parallel parking is available adjacent to the loading dock.
- Clothes Closet – Also located in the MacDill House, the Clothes Closet sells gently used AHN uniforms at reduced prices. The Clothes Closet also accepts donations of gently used uniforms year around, which may be dropped off in the school’s lobby. Please make sure donations are in a condition suitable for resale. The Clothes Closet is open on dates specified on the school calendar. To access the shop, enter campus via Bayshore Blvd. and proceed right through the North Gate. Parallel parking is available adjacent to the loading dock.
- Sending Roses – Sending Roses offers support--such as meals and carpools--to AHN families, faculty and staff in times of crisis (e.g. acute illness or injury, death of an immediate family member or some other serious event). If your family or an Academy family you know of is in need of this kind of assistance, please contact Wendy Swezey or complete this form.
Why We Do What We Do
The mission of the Dads Club is to promote social interaction among Academy dads and families via sponsorship of school-related social and fundraising activities; to provide a mechanism for dads to have a positive impact on their children's school environment; and to facilitate the involvement of dads in development opportunities at the Academy.
By sponsoring and supporting events throughout the year, the Dads Club helps raise and disseminate funds for a variety of school needs, which directly benefit the Academy staff, parents, families and student body. Historically, the Dads Club provided financial aid which:
- Established an endowed scholarship for the Link Scholarship Program. There are currently 20 Link Scholarship recipients attending AHN.
- Assisted in the funding of the high school mission trips.
- Provided internet access to the AHN sister school in South Africa.
- Acquired or improved AHN equipment and facilities.
Each year, the Dads Club participates or sponsors several school events, including Jaguar Spirit Night (Dads Club at the grill), Gasparilla Children’s Parade parking, Gasparilla Parade parking, an annual golf tournament and the Elementary School Father-Child Brunch.
We hope you will join our club—we know you will find it a rewarding experience.
To find out more, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.