Academy of the Holy Names Master Plan - page 6

6 |Academy of theHolyNames |Master PlanPackage |FieldingNair International |February 2014
School CampusHistory
1
5
Timeline
1881 Openingof theConvent of theHolyNames as a two room
school house inablacksmith shoponZackStreet inTampa.
1889 TheConvent School wasmoved to a two-story building at
the corner of Franklin andHarrison Streets.
1891 Bishop JohnMoore purchasedproperty onTwiggs Street
where a larger school was built.
1925 TheConvent School is renamed theAcademy of theHoly
Names.
1929 (1)TheAcademy of theHolyNames opens on
BayshoreBoulevard.
1953 (2)AHN adds twonewwings to themain four-story
structure, aswell as an auditorium and the existing
chapel.
1962 TheBoysAcademy opens onMacDill AvenueCampus.
1974 AHNboarding school closes.
1989 BoysAcademy andAcademy of theHolyNames
combine their elementary schools.
1991 (3) FrankV. andGraceG. GiuntaGymnasiumopens
on theMacDill Campus.
2001 “Bridge to the Future” campusmaster plan commences .
2003 (4)TheColleenK. BradyCampusCenter andRobert
W.HealyMediaCenter are constructed alongwith
various campus site improvements.
2005 (5)Michael P. Antinori BridgeoverMacDill Avenue is
completed.
2005 (6) SteinbrennerAquaticCenter opens.
2005 “Bridge to the Future” campusmaster plan is completed.
2013
FieldingNair FacilityMaster Plan commences.
2
2
2
4
3
4
6
1,2,3,4,5 7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,...30
Powered by FlippingBook