Admission to the Academy of the Holy Names is based on the school's ability to meet the needs of the applicant and the applicant's potential to benefit from the school's philosophy and rigorous, college preparatory program. A student's potential is evidenced by his or her written application, teacher evaluations, school report, academic transcript, report cards, standardized test scores at or above grade level, and satisfactory attendance/punctuality record.
Our program best serves students who:
- Have a solid foundation in academics.
- Are self-disciplined and well organized.
- Value a multicultural community.
- Are kind, respectful, responsible, and contributing citizens.
- Can successfully balance academic challenges with co-curricular activities.
- Are open to spiritual growth and development.
The following are our general admissions standards:
- Grades ranging from A's to B's.
- Excellent behavioral, attendance and punctuality records.
- Exceptional recommendations from teachers.
- Scores at or above grade level on the placement exam.