The Academy of the Holy Names is an independent, Catholic, coeducational elementary school and a college preparatory high school for young women, sponsored by the Sisters of the Holy Names of Jesus and Mary. Our mission is to develop the spiritual, academic, personal and physical growth of each student within an atmosphere of care and concern, while providing quality educational opportunities for students of diverse ethnic, economic and religious backgrounds, and encouraging each student to realize his/her full potential as an intelligent and culturally, spiritually and socially aware individual.
The Academy of the Holy Names seeks a middle school substitute Spanish teacher for the 2017-2018 school year, beginning in August and lasting 12 weeks.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in education or related field
- Spanish speaker
- Education background and teaching experience preferred
- Florida Certificate or credentials to obtain certificate preferred
- Maintaining a classroom environment based on respect and that reflects the values and mission of the Sisters of the Holy Names.
- Establishing a culture of learning and an environment of positive social interaction that actively engages students in learning and self-motivation.
- Establishing and maintaining a classroom expectation that challenges students to strive for excellence in all that they do.
- Confidence in the teaching of all aspects of Spanish.
- Planning and developing effective lesson plans that cover the curriculum and address the students’ interests and needs.
- Integrating technology into the curriculum.
- Accurately assessing student learning through formative and summative assessment and effectively adapting instruction based on these assessments.
- Keeping accurate records, ensuring that students are progressing and monitoring progress through progress reports and report cards.
- Performing supervision duties as assigned.
- Meeting with students and parents to discuss any concerns or issues with student progress and learning.
- Participating on school based committees and working with other teachers in the language arts department and other departments in the school.
- Attending and participating in ongoing professional development activities.
This position reports to the Elementary School principal.
Please submit a cover letter of interest, resume and a list of three professional references.
No phone calls, please.
The Academy of the Holy Names is in need of qualified elementary, middle and high school substitute teachers for the 2016-2017 school year.
Applicants should have a minimum of a bachelor’s degree, be supportive of Catholic education, communicate well and be highly responsible. Prior teaching experience and a valid Florida Department of Education Professional Certificate are preferred.
No phone calls, please.